I can never get enough of cheese and broccoli and this recipe from alidaskitchen.com gives me just that with a mix of quinoa.
Broccoli Cheddar Quinoa Bites
Serves: 30 to 36 bites
- ¾ cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed
- 1½ cups water (or vegetable broth or chicken broth)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups broccoli florets, finely diced
- 1 cup yellow onion, finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- Crushed red pepper (optional) to taste
- In a medium sauce pan, combine quinoa and water (or broth) and cook according to package directions. Let cool.
- In a large bowl, combine cooled quinoa, eggs, broccoli, onion, garlic, cheese and paprika.
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Spray mini-muffin tins with cooking spray.
- Put a heaping tablespoonful of quinoa mixture into prepared muffin cups. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until edges turn golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes and then gently remove from pan to cool completely.
Recipe by Alida’s Kitchen at http://alidaskitchen.com/2014/03/27/broccoli-cheddar-quinoa-bites/